Signs and Symptoms of Dental Infections (Abscess)
- Intense pain from tooth or gums
- Pain from tooth or gums causing you or your child to wake up at night
- Pain from teeth or gums that do not subside after taking over-the-counter pain medications
- Pain or discomfort when eating or drinking hot and/or cold foods and drinks
- Pain or discomfort with the pressure of chewing or biting
- Lumps, bumps, pimple-like, or swelling of gum tissue around the infected tooth
- Swelling in the face, cheek, or neck
- Difficulty opening mouth and chewing food
- High temperature/Fever
- Foul odor in the mouth
- If an abscess ruptures, then a sudden foul smell and a foul taste in the mouth may occur. Can cause sudden pain relief as well.
Whether an accident happens during our normal business hours or not, know that you can call us and have your child treated promptly.
Call our office at 757-703-1923. If it is after hours or on the weekend, one of our doctors or a team member will get back to you.