Importance of Fluoride
- Fluoride is a mineral that is found in natural water sources. According to the American Dental Association, when used as directed, fluoride is a safe and effective agent that can prevent and control cavities.
- Fluoride restores minerals to the calcium structure in the enamel of teeth. The re-mineralization effect of fluoride can both reverse the early decay process as well as create a tooth surface that is more resistant to decay. In other words, fluoride can help prevent cavities and slow down the progression of cavities.
- It is recommended by the ADA to get a fluoride treatment by your dentist at least 2 times a year, typically at each 6-month cleaning appointment, for optimal benefit.
- The U.S. Preventative Services Task Force recommends the clinical application of fluoride varnish to the primary teeth of all infants and children starting at the age of primary tooth eruption.
- According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there is no published evidence to indicate that professionally applied fluoride varnish is a risk factor for dental fluorosis.
- Fluoride is safe and used by dentists all over the world. Only a small amount is in your toothpaste at home and in the fluoride varnish that is applied by your dentist. Fluoride toothpaste and fluoride varnish treatment are highly recommended to help prevent cavities.
Whether an accident happens during our normal business hours or not, know that you can call us and have your child treated promptly.
Call our office at 757-703-1923. If it is after hours or on the weekend, one of our doctors or a team member will get back to you.
Virginia Beach, VA
Friendly & Professional The workers are very polite & are always helpful.
Awesome group of people! My son Joseph can be a challenge and they were very accommodating and made us feel very welcome! I appreciate that!
Thankful!! My 13-year-old has had 2 failed attempts for sealants due to fear of the procedure. Each time, the staff have been beyond wonderful with him. Yesterday, Kayla and Samantha were my heroes!! Within 20 minutes they were successful and my son came out with a smile. So thankful for this office we’ve been apart of for 9 years.
I love this place my kids are comfortable with the staff and its a clean healthy and safe environment.
Wonderful staff!!!! Had answers to questions I didn't ask and filled all areas.
Very helpful!! I called with what I thought was a cracked tooth on my child and they got her right in. The staff has always been great with the kids no matter how nervous they are. Thanks for seeing us same day and giving this momma some peace of mind.